FTA has joined a strategic alliance of organisations representing Moroccan and Spanish government, industry associations and businesses with the aim to improve local CSR schemes and build businesses’ competences in the country.
Launched in Rabat in November 2017, this Private Pubic Partnership (PPP) on Fostering Corporate Social Responsibility brings together eight partners:
- El Corte Inglés
- General Confederation of Moroccan Enterprises (CGEM)
- Ministry of Labour and Vocational Training
- Moroccan Association of Textile Industry (AMITH)
- National Agency for the Promotion of Small and Medium-sized Enterprises (Maroc PME®)
- National Federation of Food Processing Industry (FENAGRI)
- Spanish Agency of International Cooperation (AECID)
This partnership will be mutually beneficial to Morocco and to local and international businesses as it will:
The aim of the partnership is to step up Morocco’s efforts and position the country as a trusted business partner in export markets by:
- Benchmarking and aligning schemes: From December 2017 to mid 2018, FTA will benchmark existing Moroccan CSR schemes (CGEM - RSE label and AMITH – Fibre Citoyenne) against BSCI in order to develop a tailored road map to adjust these schemes to the needs of international markets.
- Building capacities of local CSR community: Between mid 2018 and 2019, Moroccan business executives, auditors, workers and their representatives will have the opportunity to build their skills and knowledge through trainings focused on promoting responsible business practices.
Endorse this project